Are You Ready for the Common Core?
Look at the grade 7 sample test item from the new Common Core PARCC writing assessment below. The Smarter Balanced assessment is equally as challenging, as are test items from other grade levels.
Are your students prepared?
PARCC GRADE 7 Prose Constructed Response from Research Simulation Task (Analytical Essay)
You have read three texts describing Amelia Earhart. All three include the claim that Earhart was a brave, courageous person. The three texts are:
Write an essay that analyzes the strength of the arguments about Earhart's bravery in at least two of the texts. Remember to use textual evidence to support your ideas.
The Collins Writing Program Works for . . .
- Use it in urban, suburban, rural, charter, and technical schools.
- Implement it quickly for fast results at the school or district level.
- Create a school-wide effort for all teachers in all subject areas.
- With its low per-student cost, you can implement the program within your existing budget.
- Reduce your workload and paper-correcting time while facilitating frequent writing.
- Target only the areas for improvement using Focus Correction AreasSM.
- Learn from seasoned professional trainers with extensive classroom experience.
- The Collins Writing Program easily adapts to individual students.
- Students will improve their content knowledge and their writing skills with our cross-curricular model.
- Student writing portfolios provide an easy-to-use management system.